Thursday, September 9, 2010

Golly gosh

Oh my golly gosh this past month or so has been an interesting time for us, first off Andrew was in an accident on the way to work (we wont go into the nitty gritty details as to what happened but all that needs to be known was that it was no fault of his and car was a write off)anyway he also got out and helped the injured individual and found that he had a little nick in his skin on his hand and had said persons blood on the same hand, off to the doc he went and got some meds to prevent aids and had his blood pressure tested which came out pretty high, a few weeks later we go back to the doc to have another BP test done and the results were slightly lower but basically we were told that its not high enough to have him on BP meds but he needs to watch what he eats and exercise more, so we have been eating better(-NOT A DIET, just better eating-I'm doing this aswell out of support) to begin Andrew was at 6'4" and 118kgs and after two weeks of this eating change we have both noticed that we have more energy, are more regular and Andrew has lost 2kgs already- I have yet to weigh myself...
We have to go at in the beginning of October to have his blood test results given to us to see whether he is still negative.

After the car was written off we had to start long tedious process of finding finance for a new car and also to decide which vehicle we were going to get as we needed to think about our ever growing child and any future children ( and all the stuff that having a child entails(prams, nappy bags, car seats, etc.)
Thanks to my mom and dad who have two cars we were able to use my moms car over weekends and luckily we have friends that live very near by that actually work with Andrew in Umhlanga (70km's round trip from where we live)with whom they've had a lift club with prior to accident, for during the week.

We have since got finance and found a lovely Tucson that we are purchasing from someone I knew from tech days... so we are pretty excited as we will be getting it in 5 days time!

Now on my side I've been a pretty busy mommy, what with dealing with a sick and grumpy toddler who is cutting all 4 of his last molars all at once, and to say that he isn't taking it too well is a small understatement, in the past two nights I don't think I've managed a full hour sleep at any given time, but I although I have been tired I don't feel drained and its all after the change in eating.

my sister has treated my mother, and myself to permanent eye liner(which rocks because I hardly ever have time to do make up and at least this way I'd at least have the basic staple on already, however my appointment was changed to next Friday and there was talk between the salon ladies that I MIGHT just get a free manicure for changing my appointment time, which too is great because as a mom with a busy little toddler I don't have the time to sit and have my nails done, there is just no time plain and simple, I had also roped in most of the Hunt household to do a straight perm on my hair yesterday, (it was a joint operation, although dad was at work and Shea was sleeping, I managed to get Robyn mom and Garreth (Shea's boyfriend)all fussing over my hair... hee hee hee it's called delegation people!

Anyway we continue to pray and keep our faith and just remain positive for the rest of this crazy year, (not all bad crazy but some good crazy too, CRAZY nonetheless!)

No comments:

Post a Comment